If you need a Temporary Electrical Connection, we’re here to help. We are committed to getting you connected as quickly and efficiently as possible, the information below provides guidance on our connection process:
Prior to providing you with a formal quotation offer we will require the following information:
- Your name, correspondence address and other contact details
- The site address and postcode
- A site location plan highlighting the Temporary Connection location
- Electrical load requirement
- Any other information that you consider to be relevant to allow an accurate quotation to be issued
Our formal quotations are valid for a period of 3 calendar months from the date of issue.
Each project requires a different level of design work. Below is an indication of when we will issue you with your quotation following receipt of all information required:
|Connection supplied off existing Low Voltage network||5 working days|
|Connection NOT supplied off existing Low Voltage network||Maximum of 35 working days|
We will contact you within 7 days following receipt of your signed acceptance and relevant payment; we will normally aim to start your works within 8 weeks, however, if plant (e.g. substation equipment) is required this may increase to 16 weeks. Timescales may also vary if land agreements or road opening notices need to be obtained.
We are committed to delivering your project on time and would ask you to consider the above timescales when planning your project.
Our Project Manager will discuss and provide advice on the delivery of your project prior to our Delivery team arriving to carry out our works. Typically we need the following prepared prior to our works commencing:
- Provide a lockfast and watertight housing
- Install a suitable duct
- Secure a board at the meter location
- Ensure the proposed cable route is clear of scaffolding or other obstructions
Guaranteed Standards were introduced by our Regulator, Ofgem, to ensure that all customers sourcing connections are provided with a good level of service. For information regarding the Guaranteed Standards that apply to your project please click here.
We do not install meters at your property, your nominated Electricity Energy Supplier will arrange this. Upon acceptance of your quotation we will provide you with the Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) which your nominated supplier will require to establish an account and arrange the installation of your meter.
To find out more, please visit the metering information page on this website.
Our Metering flyer is available as a PDF download
- Guidance notes and application form for connections up to 69kVA
- Guidance notes and application form for connections above 70kVA
To complete the form:
- Open the pdf form by left-clicking the relevant link above.
- Complete the form by typing the relevant information into the blue areas
- Save the form onto your computer by selecting 'file' then 'save as...'
- Email the form to Connections Scotland or Connections England & Wales
If you prefer, you can also print and complete the form manually. Please post your completed application form and required plans to:
England & Wales
|Tel: 0845 270 0785
|Tel: 0845 270 0783
SP Energy Networks
SP Energy Networks