If you need a new unmetered connection, for example to a bus shelter or an advertising hoarding, we’re here to help. Our design teams will work with you to create the most cost effective design for your project, which will be tailored to your exact requirements.
We are committed to getting you connected as quickly and efficiently as possible, the information below provides guidance on our connection process:
Prior to providing you with a formal quotation offer we will require the following information:
- Your name, correspondence address and other contact details
- The site address and postcode
- A site location plan showing the site boundary
- A site layout plan (scale 1:500 and 1:1250) indicating clearly where the connection is required
- Electrical load requirements; please note that this must be below 500 watts
- The date by which you require the connection to be made
- Any other information that you consider to be relevant to allow an accurate quotation to be issued
Our formal quotations are valid for a period of 3 calendar months from the date of issue.
Each project requires a different level of design work. Below is an indication of when we will issue you with your quotation following receipt of all information required:
|1 to 100 new connections||25 working days|
We will contact you within 7 days following receipt of your signed acceptance and relevant payment; we will normally aim to complete your works within 35 working days (where works are to be carried out in an adopted highway).
We are committed to delivering your project on time and would ask you to consider the above timescales when planning your project.
Our Project Manager will discuss and provide advice on the delivery of your project prior to our Delivery team arriving to carry out our works. Typically we would need the following prepared prior to our works commencing:
- Provide a Lockfast and Watertight Housing
- Install a suitable duct
- Secure a backboard at the meter location
- Ensure the proposed cable route is clear of scaffolding or other obstructions
The Guaranteed Standards were introduced by Ofgem to ensure that customers who source connections from regulated businesses are provided with a good level of service. For information regarding the Guaranteed Standards that apply to your project please click here.
England & Wales
|Tel: 0845 270 0785
|Tel: 0845 270 0783
SP Energy Networks
SP Energy Networks
- Guidance notes and application form for connections up to 69kVA
- Guidance notes and application form for connections above 70kVA
To complete the form: