Safety is more than a consideration for us, and the safety of our customers is a central component built into everything we do.
We meet our statutory obligations, but true safety is about more than meeting obligations; it is being proactive and responsible for ensuring that we advise and educate those outside our business.
The documents in this section will help protect you from inadvertently coming into contact with live electrical apparatus whilst working on a construction site.
Some of the images in the following presentations contain graphic images of injuries caused by incidents resulting from contact with electrical apparatus.
- Dangers from Underground Services Document (HSG47)
- ScottishPower Energy Networks HSG47 Guidance
- Dangers from Underground Services Bullet Points
- Underground Electric Power Lines poster
- Underground Electric Power Lines poster (Welsh)
- Permit to Excavate
- Safe Digging Checklist
- Underground Leaflet
- Underground Leaflet (Welsh)
- Access to SPEN Cable Records
- SPEN Cable Record Abbreviations
- Dial Before you Dig leaflet (Susiephone)
- Extension/Overbuild leaflet
- ScottishPower Cables & Equipment: Metal Theft
- Cable Depths
- Underground Cables - Safe Digging Practice (SMS-17-002)
- Utility Map Viewer - External User Guide Standard
- Separation Between Wind Turbines And Overhead Lines
- Working Safely Around Overhead Lines Leaflet
- Overhead Electric Power Lines Guidance (HSG6)
- Overhead Electric Power Lines Poster