SP Energy Networks is investing to improve the electricity network in Central and Southern Scotland.
Our investment in Scotland will secure supplies to homes and businesses and will help improve storm resilience. For more information about what we're doing, use the links in the menu to the left of this page.
How will we keep the community informed during the works?
To ensure you are fully informed about the changes we’re making, we will:
- Deliver a leaflet to all homes in area
- Host public exhibitions with detailed display boards where necessary
- Send letters to customers directly impacted
- Inform Community Council meetings of our works
- Place posters in local public areas e.g. community halls, libraries
- Place articles in local press
- Keep in contact with local councillors and politicians
- Hold1:1 meetings, where required
In addition, we will be continually updating this page throughout the project, uploading relevant documents, maps, presentations, details of future events and any important updates for the community.
What to expect during our work?
We will be working hard to minimise disruption when we are constructing or refurbishing the overhead power lines and we are committed to keeping you and your community fully informed and involved when our work and future plans may affect you.
During our works, we may need to interrupt your supply for safety reasons. We fully appreciate the inconvenience that this will cause and would like to reassure you that every effort will be made to reduce any interruption to as short a time as possible.
If we do need to interrupt your supply we will write to you giving the date and times we expect to switch the power off and on. We aim to give you at least 5 days’ notice to help you prepare for the interruption.
We try to make sure that our most vulnerable customers are given extra help during a power loss. To achieve this, we keep a Priority Services Register and we work with external agencies to try and respond when needed. You or someone you know can be included in this register if they are:
- Dependent on medical equipment
- Chronically sick
- or have some other special needs you would like us to consider
It's free to join. To find out more and register for Priority Services, please complete the registration form on our website, call us on 0845273 4444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.