Power Loss & Emergencies
Should your supply be lost unexpectedly please call the emergency number for your area and we'll give you our best estimate of how long it will be before we can get your power restored.
Please call us urgently if you see any of the following, and we'll make the equipment safe:
- Damaged equipment or lines
- Overhead lines that are on the ground or low enough for people or vehicles to come into contact with them
- Sparking overhead wires that are twisted or pushed together by broken tree branches
- Broken substation fences or damaged electricity manhole covers in the road or pavement which leave live equipment exposed
- Electricity meters and associated equipment that are not secure or waterproof
If there are cables on or near the ground, please keep clear of them. These may still be live and able to conduct electricity through damp ground or metallic objects. If they are in roads or on footpaths, dial 999, tell the police and help keep passers-by well away.