Respect for the Environment
Running our business with respect for the environment is a cornerstone of our strategy, as we have worked to develop our business sustainably for many years.
Respect for the environment is a value that is shared throughout the IBERDROLA Group and which is enshrined in the Group's vision.
'We aspire to be the preferred company because of our commitment to the creation of value, people's quality of life and the protection of the environment.'
Managing Our Impacts
As one of the UK's major energy utilities we recognise that our activities can have impacts on the environment.
So for us, respect for the environment means striving to eliminate, minimise or control our environmental impacts, in particular:
- Reducing the carbon footprint of our business
- Reducing emissions to air, land and water
- Ensuring full regulatory compliance
- Minimising our use of natural and man-made resources
- Sourcing material resources responsibly and ethically
- Cutting waste and encouraging re-use and recycling
- Protecting natural habitats and biological diversity
Click here to view our CSR Annual Review or to tune into CSR TV.