Entering Your Home
From time to time we may need to visit your home to inspect or maintain our equipment.
The visit will either be made by one of our staff or a contractor working for us.
All of our employees and contractors will carry an identity card showing their Company name, their own name and a colour photograph of the individual. Any employee making a call to your home will be able to give you explanations and information on matters relevant to the purpose of their visit.
Where possible, all vehicles used for visits to customers' premises and clothing will carry the SP Energy Networks or contractor logo. If you have any doubts about whether a caller is genuine, do not let them into your home.
It's unusual for one of our employees to visit you without prior arrangement. When we do visit your property, our employees carry identity cards at all times and will be happy to confirm their identity.
Don't be panicked into letting the representative in. You should be suspicious if the caller is in ahurry to gain access to your property. Our representatives will never panic customers when attempting to gain entry to your home.
We’ve outlined below some steps you can take to prove whether a caller is genuine.
- Take your time to run through the necessary checks to confirm that the caller is genuine
- If in doubt, don't open the door
- Speak to the caller through the door
- Ask them to pass their ID card through the letterbox or put it up to the window so that you can read their details
- Record the caller's name, and contact telephone number
- Always put the chain on before opening the door
- To confirm your caller's identity, call 0845 273 4444
If you are blind, have poor sight or you would just like to feel more secure, you can agree a password with us whenever you make an appointment.