Round 1 projects to be supported by the Green Economy Fund:
- Micro-Hydro scheme powering ground source heat pumps for facilities in one of Edinburgh’s heritage premier parks.
- One of Scotland’s most ambitious regeneration projects in Dalmarnock, introducing a self-sufficient local energy supply through introducing heat pump technology into its waste water treatment centre.
- Community Transport organisation based in Glasgow who supports more than 75,000 elderly and vulnerable passengers will become fully low carbon.
- An app which will assist drivers in electric vehicle drivers in Scotland to find their nearest electric charge point and provide real-time data on when and where to stop.
- A programme of local ‘smart energy’ action plans developed with community councils in Dumfries and Galloway, the Scottish Borders, Fife and Glasgow.
- Energy efficiency housing upgrade in the heart of Edinburgh’s Royal Mile world heritage site
- The establishment of two new EV car clubs in North Ayrshire and Hawick in the Scottish Borders.
- Pilot project in Ettrick and Yarrow to connect locally generated renewable energy to EV charge points, public transport and storage heating.
- Two sustainable energy facilitators in the Southern Uplands to assist developing local community based energy initiatives.
- A modern teaching facility at Dumfries and Galloway College for the teaching and development of renewable technology
- Introduction of Glasgow’s first large electric bus route operating within the city centre.
- Continuation of Glasgow’s Route 100 electric bus service.
*All projects are subject to due diligence and final assessments