Sometimes we may need to visit your home to inspect or maintain our equipment. Visits are made either by one of our staff or a contractor working for us.
All of our workers carry identity cards with their company name, their own name and a colour photograph. Where possible, vehicles and clothing will also have the SP Energy Networks or contractor logo.
Any employee making a call to your home will be happy to explain the purpose of their visit and it is unusual for one of our employees to visit without arranging it in advance.
If you have any doubts about whether a caller is genuine, follow these steps:
- Speak to the caller through the door.
- Take your time. Our representatives will never rush you or be in a hurry to gain access to your property.
- Ask them to pass their ID card through the letterbox or put it up to the window.
- Record the caller's name, and contact telephone number.
- To confirm your caller's identity, call us on 0330 1010 444
- If possible, always put the chain on before opening the door.
- If in doubt, don't open the door.
If you are blind, have poor sight or just want the extra security, we can agree a password for home visits.
Codes of Practice
We aim to provide the best possible service to our customers. You should know exactly what levels of service to expect from us and the standards to which we work.
Our Codes of Practice lay all this information out in full. We have prepared them in consultation with Consumer Focus and they’ve been approved by Ofgem (Office of Gas and Electricity Markets).
The Codes of Practice contain detailed information on:
- Contacting us
- Caring for customers with special needs
- Managing supply interruptions
- Visiting your home
- Complaints handling and customer satisfaction
Our Codes of Practice PDFs are available in both English and Welsh. Use the links below to download.