Who is my Electricity Supplier?

We are SP Energy Networks and we own and operate the electricity network in Central & Southern Scotland and also in Cheshire, Merseyside, North Wales & North Shropshire.

We are a Distribution Company, we are not your Supplier. Your Supplier is the company you pay your electricity bills to. If you are unsure as to who your Supplier is you can use the form on this page.

We can also help you find your MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number) which is the unique identifying number for the electricity meter at your property. We provide a Meter Point Administration Service (MPAS) for properties which are within our electricity distribution area. The areas we cover are:

  • Central & Southern Scotland
  • Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and Shropshire
  • If your property is in any other area, please contact the Distributor for that area. You can find out which Distributor services your area by visiting the Energy Networks Association website.

    If your property is in one of the above areas, you can use our MPAS service to obtain the following information:

    • Which electricity company is registered to supply your property and the dates they have supplied that property;
    • The 13 digit reference number for the property known as the MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number). You can also find the MPAN reference on your electricity bill. You are in our area if this number starts with an 18 or 13. If it does not please visit the Energy Networks Association website.

    If you would like to use this service, please contact us on 0845 270 9101 or submit your request using the form below. Please note that fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.

    (Name / number of current supplier, MPAN Number Name / number of previous suppliers, Full supply number)

     Email  Writing

    To ensure smooth handling of your enquiry please ensure you complete all fields and provide the information requested