We have committed to voluntarily contribute up to £20 million over a two year period to support initiatives that will benefit the people of Scotland and support Scotland’s ambitious green energy plans and local economic growth.
The fund will focus on helping communities to invest in low-carbon heating and transport technology.
This isn’t just about green projects; this is about creating and accelerating a green economy.
- Building the infrastructure and the learnings needed for the changes in heating and transport expected over the next decade.
- Stimulate economic activity and create jobs in Scotland
- Support the Scottish Government’s ambitious energy strategy and the UK’s drive to a low carbon economy
- Work with specific communities within our operational area in Scotland, supporting both rural and urban areas in particular that suffer from fuel poverty
- Provide access to funding for projects that may ordinarily struggle to obtain funding.
We are keen to make this scheme as inclusive as possible; however we have set some mandatory criteria for projects applying for funding. Our criteria can be reviewed here.
Priority of the Fund:
- Renewable and low carbon innovative solutions
- Transport – promoting the uptake and infrastructure provision of Electric Vehicles or other low carbon solutions
- Heat - provision of affordable energy for consumers – addressing fuel poverty
- Local energy systems – creation of local energy solutions to match generation and demand
- Learnings and data to assess future impact of low carbon economy
- Low carbon job creation
The Green Economy Fund is currently open for projects to come forward to express their interest in the fund and will close on 7th December.
Register your Interest
If you would like to be kept informed or have any further questions regarding the Green Economy Fund, then please get in touch by email: email@example.com