Sometimes we may need to visit your home to inspect or maintain our equipment. Visits are made either by one of our staff or a contractor working for us.
All of our workers carry identity cards with their company name, their own name and a colour photograph. Where possible, vehicles and clothing will also have the SP Energy Networks or contractor logo.
Any employee making a call to your home will be happy to explain the purpose of their visit and it is unusual for one of our employees to visit without arranging it in advance.
If you have any doubts about whether a caller is genuine, follow these steps:
- Speak to the caller through the door.
- Take your time. Our representatives will never rush you or be in a hurry to gain access to your property.
- Ask them to pass their ID card through the letterbox or put it up to the window.
- Record the caller's name, and contact telephone number.
- To confirm your caller's identity, call us on 0330 1010 444
- If possible, always put the chain on before opening the door.
- If in doubt, don't open the door.
If you are blind, have poor sight or just want the extra security, we can agree a password for home visits.
If you want extra security, we can agree a password with you. We will then use this password if we need to call on you.
Any member of our staff who has to visit your home will also have to give this password to prove they are genuine. If you are ever in any doubt, don't let the person in.
To set up your personal password, please include the request on the above form or you can also call us on 0330 1010 444.
We have a wide range of leaflets available here that have lots of useful information including; helpful advice during a power cut and how to prepare for a power cut. Our leaflets are also available in braille and large print by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.