Building strong partnerships and working in collaboration for the good of our customers and stakeholders.
Trusted partner network
With the help of a wide range of partners, we’re building a network of communications professionals who share learnings and experiences, helping us to reach the most vulnerable members of our customer base and deliver important public information messages.
Our aim is to:
- Build a “Trusted Partner Network” of communications professionals who can help us get important public information messages to our customer base.
- Use our communications channels to deliver important public information messages for other partners.
- Where possible, create joint communications and run campaigns in partnership with others.
- Distribute new materials and messaging which can be used across existing channels.
Launched in early 2016, using our Trusted Partner Network to distribute messages by social media, through joint events and through partner’s staff enables us to reach a far wider audience than we can alone.
We're committed to delivering the best service for all our customers and identifying and supporting our most vulnerable.
We do this by:
- Taking every opportunity to identify vulnerable customers.
- Raising awareness of who we are and how we can help.
- Broadening the definition of vulnerability to include transient vulnerability (customers who would not usually be classed as vulnerable, but who may need extra support during a specific period of time).
- Working in partnership and sharing data where it can benefit vulnerable customers.
- Tackling wider social issues as a socially responsible organisation.
As well as our national advertising campaign, we recognise that there is a need for a more focussed approach to awareness to ensure that we directly reach our most in need communities.
Our approachhas been to directly target vulnerable customers in those geographical areas where our data highlighted the greatest need, using innovative methods.
Caring for our customers
You can find out more about our consumer vulnerability initiatives on the Caring for our Customers page.