Trusted Partner Network
Since 2016, with the help of a wide range of partners, we’ve been building a network of communications professionals who share learning and experiences, helping us to reach the most vulnerable members of our customer base and deliver important public information messages.
Our aim is to:
- Make our “Trusted Partner Network” a vital tool in getting important public information messages to our customer base.
- Use our communications channels to deliver important public information messages for other partners.
- Where possible, create joint communications and campaigns in partnership with others.
- Distribute new materials and messaging through our existing channels.
- Use social media to get our message to a wide audience - through joint events and our partners’ staff, we can reach a far wider audience than we can alone.
We're committed to delivering the best service for all our customers and identifying and supporting our most vulnerable.
We do this by:
- Taking every opportunity to identify vulnerable customers.
- Raising awareness of who we are and how we can help.
- Broadening the definition of vulnerability to include transient vulnerability (customers who would not usually be classed as vulnerable, but who may need extra support during a specific period of time).
- Working in partnership and sharing data where it can benefit vulnerable customers.
- Tackling wider social issues as a socially responsible organisation.
You can find out more about our consumer vulnerability initiatives on the Caring for our Customers page.
As well as our national advertising campaign, we recognise that there is a need for a more focussed approach to awareness to ensure that we directly reach our most in need communities.
Our approach has been to directly target vulnerable customers in those geographical areas where our data highlighted the greatest need, using innovative methods.