To enable an electric future for Glasgow, starting in February 2020, we will be investing c£20m in a programme of works in the Southside of Glasgow between 2020 and 2025.
In order to modernise the local electricity network, works will include rebuilding and connection of a number of major electricity substations between Pollokshaws and Ibrox.
This is all part of an investment programme to support Glasgow's vision to become the UK's first Net Zero carbon city by 2030.
This investment will also support other regeneration initiatives throughout the city, such as Glasgow University's Innovation Triangle, as well as plans surrounding the Waterfront and West End Innovation Quarter as part of the Glasgow City Region City Deal which will see the Council invest approximately £113m as part of the project.
The work will focus on:
- Rebuilding / increasing capacity of four 60-70 year old 33kv substations, providing interconnections between the substations for security of supply, and replacing non-standard voltage equipment and cables.
- 80-90km of cable being laid in the geographical area from Pollokshaws Rd to Helen Street (Ibrox)
There are currently no planned interruptions to supplies as a result of the project. If this changes you will receive a letter at least 5 days in advance.
What you can expect from us
We will keep you informed and involved when our work will affect you. We will:
- Explain the scope of our work and expected timescales
- Host community meetings, where required, to outline and discuss scope, timing & specific welfare issues
- Issue letters before any supply interruption – at least 5 days in advance (there are currently no planned interruptions as a result of these works.)
- Where you have special or particular requirements and are affected by the works we will endeavour to work with you to keep disruption to a minimum
- Ensure you know how to contact us
There are lots of different works happening with different contractors due to the complexity and duration of this programme of works. During the works local representatives on site can answer any questions you may have, our contractors will be mindful of social distancing guidelines during any conversation. Each contractor will also display boards with contact details as an alternative contact point for any information, or reporting safety related matters with the works.