Priority Services Register
SPEN have a Priority Services Register (“PSR”) for customers who may require additional support in the event of a power cut or planned interruption. The PSR is a free, optional service for customers who are either; over the age of 60; have a special communication need; depend on electricity for home/medical care; who have a child under 5 years of age; have a chronic illness or just feel like they need a little extra help. Additionally, you can register if you need support for a short period of time e.g. if you're recovering from an operation, if you are pregnant, or if you are recently bereaved.
SPEN will collect and process the following data received either directly from you or indirectly when you have given your energy/ utility supplier consent to share their PSR data with us:
- Identification and contact information i.e. Title, Name, Address, Email and Telephone Number; and
- The reason you wish to be registered on the PSR which may include:
- Special Category data i.e. any medical conditions or if you have electrical equipment you are dependent on for medical reasons; or
- Family details such as whether there are any vulnerable individuals at the property i.e. children under 5 or adults over 60.
You can provide us with a name and contact details of a nominated individual who would be likely to contact us on your behalf, please note you must get this individuals permission to share this data with us. Additionally, if you are a third party registering an individual for the PSR you must have their permission to share their personal data with us.
Once you are registered on the PSR we will communicate with you for following purposes:
- To provide you with a welcome pack fully explaining the PSR and additional services we can support you with;
- During a power cut to provide you with regular updates and any additional support required;
- In preparation and during a planned interruption to your electrical supply to provide you with regular updates and any additional support required; and
- Once registered if we have not communicated with you within two years we will contact you to confirm if you still require to be registered. This to ensure we maintain an accurate and up to date PSR.
Under Data Protection Legislation our lawful bases for processing your personal data are:
- Legal obligation - in connection to our regulatory obligations set by an Ofgem licence condition for SPEN to provide support to vulnerable customers; and
- Consent – when you register we will ask for your consent to share your data provided with your energy/utility suppliers, so they can register you for their priority services. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we may have undertaken based on your consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent please contact DP@spenergynetworks.co.uk