Retention of Data
SP Energy Networks and have in place a Retention Policy so that personal data is not stored or processed longer than necessary. How long we keep personal data will depend on the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected.
As a Distribution Network Operator, we are required to hold customer data for properties connected to our network. We will hold customer name, contact details and priority service indicators until we are notified that the individual is no longer at the property, or the priority service indicator is no longer applicable. However, Property data e.g. address, postcode, equipment etc. will be held until the property or equipment is disconnected from our network.
Under our licence conditions we have established processes for Complaints, General Enquires, Satisfaction Surveys, Stakeholder Engagement, Connections, Planned Interruption, Network Analytics and Asset Management. Personal data processed in relation to these processes will be held for the relevant price control period plus two years, in line with our regulatory obligations.
Other processes that we have specific retentions for are:
- Social referrals data will be held for 12months from the closure of the referral.
- Planning Consultations and Projects will hold any personal data processed until the end of the planning process or end of the project.
- Debt Management and Third-party Damages will be held for the duration of the claim/case plus 12years.
- Insurance Claims will be held for the duration of the claim plus 6years.
- Text messages are deleted after 24 months.
- Call recordings are deleted after 12 months, unless a request for the calls has been made, in these circumstances the recording and/or a transcript of the call may be held longer.