SP Energy Networks aims to help train a new generation of Power Engineering professionals capable of driving the transformation towards a sustainable energy model through the SP Energy Networks Scholarship Programme.
The Scholarship Programme will provide a valuable combination of technical training and work experience, laying the foundations for a successful career within the power sector.
Within the UK, SP Energy Networks funds students looking to study Power Engineering programmes at the following universities:
- Bangor University
- Liverpool John Moore University
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
- Liverpool University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Strathclyde University ( through IET Power Academy)
We are looking to sponsor highly motivated students who have a desire to work in the power industry and have:
- completed a minimum of the first year of their Undergraduate/Masters degree
- are studying for an MEng or BEng degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Engineering, EEE or a degree with an Electrical component
- are EU citizens or have a permanent right to work in the UK after graduation
Scholars will benefit from:
- a bursary of £3,000 for each year of study
- 8 weeks minimum summer vacation training paid at a rate of £15,000 pro-rata
- company mentor
- exciting career prospects
In return for the scholarship, SP Energy Networks are looking for each scholar to:
- promote the career opportunities available within SP Energy Networks and the wider power industry
- deliver engineering projects during their placements
- on occasion, engage in STEM ambassador and/or on-campus recruitment activities
- introduce future scholarship applicants to the scheme
We will also assist each scholar with providing an industry related project to assist with their academic studies, usually completed in their final year.
For more information and to apply please click here.