SP Energy Networks provides free online access to its network records information on our Geographical Information System (GIS). This is done through our Utility Map Viewer (UMV) system.
This access is available to companies, local authorities, councils and similar organisations through a web portal on an as-requested basis.
To obtain contestable access:
- Forward an E-mail to our Field Support Group at FieldSupportGroup@ScottishPower.com. Please stipulate that you are an ICP/IDNO.
- In return, a standard request form will be sent back outlining our terms and conditions and requesting the following information:
- Company name and address (stipulate if you are an ICP/IDNO)
- Ordnance Survey Copyright licence number*
- Team leader (or equivalent) contact details
- Details on each user requiring access (Name, telephone number and E-mail address)
* If you do not have this license it can be easily and cheaply purchased directly from Ordnance Survey (OS). UMV users need a PMCL, which is the basic paper map copy license and is £54.75 per office. This price is an annual licence fee and you can apply directly at the OS website.
Please be advised that it could take up to seven working days for an ID to be created.
When approved, each user will be allocated individual log in details, which will be issued along with basic instructions and user guides.