We're committed to delivering the best service for all our customers and identifying and supporting our most vulnerable.
We do this by:
- Taking every opportunity to identify vulnerable customers.
- Raising awareness of who we are and how we can help.
- Broadening the definition of vulnerability to include transient vulnerability (customers who would not usually be classed as vulnerable, but who may need extra support during a specific period of time).
- Working in partnership and sharing data where it can benefit vulnerable customers.
- Tackling wider social issues as a socially responsible organisation.
As well as our national advertising campaign, we recognise that there is a need for a more focussed approach to awareness to ensure that we directly reach our most in need communities.
Our approach has been to directly target vulnerable customers in those geographical areas where our data highlighted the greatest need, using innovative methods.
Caring for our customers
You can find out more about our consumer vulnerability initiatives on the Caring for our Customers page.