Skip to main content
Sustainability | ScottishPower |

Select Language:

Who Can Do the Work?

You can choose who carries out certain elements of the connection work. This is known as contestable work and can be completed by an Independent Connection Provider (ICP) or an Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO ).

Alternative Connection Providers

There are a number of Alternative Connection Providers active in the SP Distribution (SPD) and SP Manweb (SPM) areas.

For your safety, ICPs and IDNOs must possess the appropriate accreditations to carry out contestable works.

You’ll find further information at the following links:

 A list of accredited ICP and IDNO companies can be found on the Lloyds Register website.

If you are a Connections Provider and would like your company to be listed, please email




Hi! I'm the SP Energy Networks System Agent, can I help you?